School History

As Boise remembered the hardy pioneers during the 150th anniversary of the Oregon Trail, another landmark, not far from the wagon’s path, was taking shape.  And, in the Fall of 1993, from out of the dust of the baseball fields, Les Bois opened its Boise Avenue doors not only to nearly 1000 students, but to all of the city. Three years later, another landmark, a few miles to the east, became the current  LBJH and the former site transformed into  Timberline High School.

Each fall, from our feeder schools -  White Pine Elementary,  Riverside Elementary and Liberty Elementary - Les Bois Staff welcomes incoming Seventh Graders, who along with their Eighth and Ninth Grade peers, continue to “blaze trails for students to become lifelong learners and contributing citizens” with the same professionalism and commitment to excellence as over twenty years.